El Jurado designado por Agedi-Promusicae ha otorgado la segunda edición de los Galardones para las Policías Locales por la Protección de los Derechos de Propiedad Intelectual, que tienen como objeto realizar un reconocimiento público a las Policías Locales y a los centros oficiales de formación de dichos servicios policiales, cuya actuación se haya hecho merecedora de distinción en ese ámbito.
ANDEMA and Oficina Española de Patentes y Marcas (Patents and Trade Marks Spanish Office) are organising for 26th April the first event called Marcathlon, a fun day celebrating the World Intellectual Property Day set by WIPO member States.
Almost 70 percent of Internet users consider blocking access to content as the most efficient measure against piracyResults of the Piracy Observatory and Digital Contents Consumption Habits 2013
• The number of Spanish people who illegally access digital contents grows globally and now exceeds 51%; by type of content, music (27%), films (43%), books (21%) and video games (9%) are illegally accessed, causing a loss profit of over 1.3 billion euros to content industries, an increase of 8.6% compared to 2012. Music is the only content registering a slight decrease.
• As most effective measures against piracy Internet users consider blocking access to the websites offering content (68.2%) and punishing operators and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) (60.2%).
• Over 46% of Internet users who access illegal content look for it on search engines and link to the resulting websites where they download, read, watch or listen to content; Google is the most used search engine, accounting 97.5% of use.
• 84% of all content acquired in Spain is pirate.
• Piracy hampered the creation of 26,000 jobs and caused public revenues losses of 526.2 million euros, an increase of 6.4% regarding 2012.
• Value of online pirate content exceeded 16.1 billion euros in 2013, a 6.5% increase compared to 2012.
• Intellectual Property Commission has not improved in diligence nor in efficiency, so piracy has continued growing until reaching almost 3.2 billion illegal downloads in 2013, a 4.6% increase compared to little more than 3 billion in 2012.
• The Coalition of Creators and Content Industries (La Coalición) urges the Government and all parliamentary groups to clearly reflect in the draft bill their rejection of intellectual property massive infringements and their strong support to this Spanish economy key industry.
The report offers comprehensive information on 50 markets and shows world trends
Spain, one of the countries with worst trade balances: slump in physical sales and digital business in a deadlock
Kiko Veneno, Lori Meyers, Russian Red and Anni B. Sweet showcase in front of the public of third top country for Spanish music exports